PLA (Polylactic Acid) is the backbone of the 3D Printing industry. Derived from renewable resources (like corn), it is a biodegradable plastic that is a pleasure to print with. It's low cost and ease of use make it the go to filament for many 3D Printing users. PLA will emit a sweet smell when printing, similar to maple syrup, when in a closed environment. 3D Printing users enjoy PLA because it is so easy to print with, so it only makes sense to push PLA forward and create new variations of it. Our High Heat PLA can be annealed / cured after the 3D Printer is done making the part. Simply place your 3D Printed part in an oven (or similar heat source), for 15-20 minutes between 180F-200F, and your finished part will have mechanical properties that match or exceed ABS! Our High Heat PLA is extruded using the NatureWorks 3D850 polymer.
Why use our High Heat PLA?
- Do you enjoy printing with PLA?
- Is your printer performing well with PLA?
- Have access to an oven to anneal/cure your part?
- Making a mechanical part? Or need properties that match or exceed ABS?
If you answered Yes to all the above, then High Heat PLA is your filament of choice!
High Heat PLA Uses:
- Functional Prototypes
- Mechanical Items
- Production Runs
- General 3D Printing
Filament Print Settings:
- Hotend Temperature (C): 200-225
- Bed Temperature (C): 0-60
- Print Speed (mm/s): 0-75
- Retraction Speed (mm/s): 35-60
- Retraction Length (mm): 0.50-0.75
- Bed Surface Prep: Blue painters tape or specialty bed coverings (GECKO, BuildTak, etc)
- FedEx Ground (all filament ships free and ships same or next business day)
Why Filament Innovations?
Filament Innovations is a family owned and operated company located in the Bethlehem, PA area. By working with us and purchasing our filament, you are contributing to the further development of the entire 3D Printing industry. Being family owned and operated means we go the extra mile for our customers, to ensure their complete satisfaction, with all Filament Innovations products. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately through our Contact Us page. We know you will love our Diamond LINE filament, because at Filament Innovations, we never compromise quality. All of our filament is 100% Made in the USA using only virgin materials, vacuum sealed with desiccant, produced within 0.05mm diameter tolerance, and has a roundness tolerance of 0.03mm.